Friday, February 1, 2013

SIX MONTHS....

So its been a while since my last post and I apologize. But I mean come on -- did you really think I was gonna be sitting around my computer when I can get out and LIVE now?

Unlikely.

Don't worry though peeps, I haven't forgotten you. With that in mind I invite you to celebrate with me

SIX MONTHS POST TRANSPLANT.

Yup, that's where I am at today. I honestly forgot about it. My six month anniversary was actually yesterday. But me being the incredibly busy and oh-so-important person that I am was too busy to think about it. Then when I remembered I felt like a total shmuck. *SIGH*

How in the WORLD did I not even think about that yesterday? I thought about it a few days ago. So why in the world that on the DAY that marked 6 months on a completely new life did I go the entire day without even mentioning it or anything?? Geez...

Oh well, nothing I can do about that now. Other than celebrate it today, and I think that'll work. I mean I was TECHNICALLY not breathing on my own until the first anyway...sooo yeah, we'll go with that.

But I digress.

So, you may have seen if you follow me on FB that 2 weeks ago I had my 6 month follow up appointment at Mayo. I was honestly terrified. It have been three months since my last bronch, xray, PFT, etc. But, luckily, after all the usual mess, plus an MRI of the abdomen (checkin on my liver), everything came back and I am HEALTHY AS A HORSE!! :) Blood work looked great, Xrays were clear, MRI of the liver showed no change, PFTs were up to 111% and my bronch showed NO INFECTION and NO REJECTION!!

Relief...sweet relief.

I mean, I do a lot of vital stat taking, monitoring of my spirometry levels and such everyday. Plus blood work once a month. So you'd think that if there was anything going on I would have a vague inclination right? Well, that's the idea with all that monitoring atleast, but I mean lets be honest - I'm freaking paranoid, and not exactly the most optimistic person in the world. In short -

I'm waitin on the hammer to fall. For the shit to hit the fan. For everything to go to hell in a hand bag....whatever little phrase you associate with everything falling swiftly and completely to crap.

I try not to. And usually I do a decent job. But atleast once a day I feel a little pain in my back or chest, have a tickle in my throat or just feel odd. Aparently these things are all normal and a part of the healing process. But still. I don't like it. It freaks me out and I immediately wanna go to the doctor and have them do a full work up to make sure I'm ok.

I am a basket case, I swear.

But that's just part of this I guess...and I knew it would be. And trust me, I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Just something else to get used to I reckon.

Aside from all that though, things are going pretty smoothly. I am workin on getting ready for my very first 5K race in over 10 years. Yup that is happening like next week. Needless to say I will likely be WALKING most of that, but I mean hey - walking 3.1 miles is HUGE compared to what I was able to do...which was little more than a walk to the bathroom. So, I'll take it.

I am also planning on 2 more 5Ks this year (maybe more, who knows) -- one in April, one sometime in the fall. So I am hoping that by the last one of this year I will be running most if not all of it -- and not like a pathetic run. Like a semi-respectable run.We shall see I guess...

I'd like to take this opporutnity to send up a big THANK YOU to my donor. Thank you so much for taking such good care of these bad boys. They are amazing. My life is amazing. I am so glad you were my donor -- whoever you are...

So here's to a new year, new lungs, new health and new adventures..... I'm ready. BRING IT ON. :)


 

1 comment:

  1. YAY Erin!! Happy 6 Month Celebration! I am so extremely thrilled for you! Thank you God for answering our prayers. I hope your running shoes sprout wings! :-)

    ReplyDelete